Brisket King Lands in Queens at Pig Beach for a Carnivorous Culinary Experience
This quintessential meaty event boasts a mix of renown pitmasters and a Michelin-starred cuisinier.
On April 26, 2023, Brisket King will land in Queens at Pig Beach for a carnivorous culinary experience. This quintessential meaty event will feature a mix of renowned pitmasters and a Michelin-starred chef, all competing to see who can create the most savory brisket.
The event will be held outdoors at the huge Pig Beach BBQ location in Queens. The event will feature brisket dishes from upcoming barbecue pitmasters and chefs. Historically, Brisket King has featured pitmasters before they were household names, so you’re also getting a look at the future of the barbecue scene.
Some of the pitmasters who will compete include:
- Allison Plumer, Chef, Fini Pizza and Misi Pasta Brooklyn, NY
- Jesse Olson, Owner, Sierra Provisions, Port Washington, Long Island, NY
- Jeffrey Pinnix, Pit Crew Hometown BBQ , Brooklyn, NY
- Mitchell Rosen, Managing Partner, Hometown BBQ, Brooklyn, NY
- Kenneth Crum, Beverage & Operations Director, Air’s Champagne Parlor, Tokyo Record Bar and the impending Roscioli NYC restaurant.
- Johann Cottier, Executive Chef, formerly of Red Hook Tavern and now at Frenchette Bakery, New York, NY
- Gregory Karwowski, Pit Crew, Hometown BBQ (formerly), Brooklyn, NY
- Elliot Resnik, Lawyer and moonlighting Pit Boss, New York, NY
- Bret Lunsford, Blue Smoke, New York, New York
- Michelin-starred Chef Therdtus “Tony” Rittaprom, Zabb Pu Tawn NYC special pairing with Singha
- Robert Austin Cho, Kimchi Smoke, Westwood, New Jersey
- Joey Machado of Texas Charcoal, Seguin, Texas- will be rocking the Pig Beach station.
- Sean Keever, Big Guns BBQ, Hudson Valley, New York
- David Gill, Wildwoods BBQ, Wildwood, New Jersey
- Darlene Lawrence, Sands Jerk Hut, Brooklyn, New York
- Mario Chape- Big Papa Smoke ‘M, Bogota, New Jersey
- Eli Goldman, Tikkun BBQ, New York, New York
- Ruben Santana, Bark Barbecue, Queens, New York
- Joe Musngi, SmoKING of Meats, Belleville, New Jersey
- Cenobillo Canalizo, Morgan’s Brooklyn Barbecue, Brooklyn, New York
- Jase Franklin, Jase’s BBQ, Queens, New York
- Eric Vitale, Eazy’s Craft BBQ, Kenilworth, New Jersey
- Jeff Schmidt, Hindsight BBQ, Waterbury, Connecticut
- Leland Avellino, Avellino Family BBQ, Norwalk, CT
*Partial list of participants. **Participants are subject to change.
These pitmasters will compete for the title of Brisket King, as well as a cash prize. The event will also feature other food and drink vendors, as well as live music.
If you’re a barbecue fan, or just looking for an unforgettable culinary experience, then Brisket King is definitely worth checking out. Tickets are on sale now, so be sure to get yours before they sell out.
Here are some of the things you can expect at Brisket King:
- A wide variety of brisket dishes from some of the finest pitmasters in the country
- Live music and entertainment
- A chance to sample some of the highest-quality barbecue in the world
- A chance to meet and greet the pitmasters
- A chance to vote for your favorite brisket
You won’t want to miss Brisket King on April 26, 2023 at Pig Beach in Queens if you’re looking for a delicious and unique culinary experience.
Guest Judges this year will include:
Andrew Rigie, NYC Hospitality Alliance; Peter J. Kim, Founding Director of the Museum of Food and Drink; Kim Plafke, The Meat Hook; Clay Risen, Author, New York Times Editor, Andrea Strong, The Strong Buzz; Misty Banchero, Seattle Butcher’s Wife; Nick Solares, Meat Life Media; Brimstone, Larger Than Life!; Gennaro Peccia, Sirius XM Radio, Adam Poch, Sirius XM Radio; Ethan Fedida, Campfire Group; Ashley Moore, Cooks Country.
Ramstein, Highpoint Brewing Company, (New Jersey) Ramstein Helles Lager, Ramstein Rauch Bier
Montclair Brewery, (New Jersey) Montclair National Emergency
Harlem Brewing Company, Harlem, (New York City) Harlem Renaissance Wit
Hard Cider Tastings:
Romilly Cidre, Normandy, France;
Aval Artisanal Cider, Bretagne, France
Brooklyn Cider House, Hudson Valley, New York
Bourbon, Whiskey + Vodka Tastings:
New York Distilling Company, Brooklyn, New York
Upstate Vodka, Charlottesville, New York
Makers Mark Bourbon + Whisky
Knob Creek Bourbon Whisky
Hot Sauce Tastings
VIP swag bags complimentary of Yelp, Queens featuring Elite Heat Hot Sauce
A portion of the proceeds from each ticket will go to the Jeff Michner Foundation.