April 28th, 2019 12PM – 1AM
3rd annual festival for 13 hours of dancing, lounging, n’ listening to over a dozen of NYC’s best hot jazz, swing, & blues bands (over 100 musicians) at the stunning & exclusive private club from the Gilded Age, The Players… we sold out last year, so be sure to get tickets now!!
—- SCHEDULE / 1st HALF (12:00 to 5:30pm) —
* 12:30 to 2:30 – NYHJC Ensembles
* 2:55 to 3:55pm – Queen Esther: vaudeville blues from Alberta Hunter
* 4:15 to 5:30pm – NYHJC Faculty All Stars – with Becky Kilgore, Evan Christopher & Clarinet Road, Nicki Parrott, Jon-Erik Kellso, Dion Tucker, Dalton Ridenhour, Justin Poindexter, Rob Garcia, Bria Skonberg, and Molly Ryan.
* 12:30 to 1:30pm – The Hot Toddies – w/special guests Gordon Webster (piano), Justin Poindexter (guitar), & Leonardo Sandoval (tap)
* 2:15 to 3:30pm – The Anderson Twins (Peter and Will Anderson)
* 4:00 to 5:15pm – Ben Paterson Trio (Winner of the Ellis Marsalis Piano Competition)
* 12:00 to 12:40 – TBA
* 2:30 to 3:30 – NYHJC Vocalists
* 3:45 to 4:45 – Champian Fulton
—- SCHEDULE / 2nd HALF (6:30pm to 1am) —
* 7:00 to 8:15pm – Sisterhood of Swing Seven – with Bria Skonberg, Camille Thurman Music, Emily Asher, Champian Fulton, Molly Ryan, Nicki Parrott, Shirazette Tinnin
* 8:45 to 10:00pm – Eyal Vilner Big Band
* 10:30 to 11:45pm – HIGH & MIGHTY BRASS BAND) New Orleans meets Brooklyn funk)
* 6:45 to 7:45pm – The Ladybugs – with Martina DaSilva of Post Modern Jukebox
* 8:15 to 9:30pm – Sweet Megg & The Wayfarers (Hot Jazz, Blues & Western Swing)
* 10:00 to 11:15pm – John Gill Jazz Band (New Orleans/Ragtime Revival)
* 6:30 to 7:10pm – TBA
* 8:10 to 8:50pm – TBA
* 10:00 to 11:15pm – Ehud Asherie
* 11:45pm to 1:00am – Late Night All Star Jam, led by Dennis Lichtman with Mona’s Hot Four
— THE FESTIVAL —
Following last year’s sold-out festival, Prohibition Productions (dir. Patrick Soluri) and NY Hot Jazz Camp (dir. Bria Skonberg & Molly Ryan) have teamed up again. The Festival is 13hrs long and divided into two halves. You may purchase tickets for each half separately or get a day pass.
— DETAILS —
GOTHAM JAZZ FESTIVAL
Sunday, April 28, 2019
12:00pm to 1am
All ages / 21+ to drink
more info – www.gothamjazzfestnyc.com
16 Gramercy Park South
(btw Park Ave and Irving Place on 20th Street) NY, NY
N/R/6 subway to 23rd Street, or 4/5/6/L/N/Q/R subway to 14th St Union Sq. www.ThePlayersNYC.org
Bars serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available at the Club, and throughout the entire festival day. We are not sure yet if food will be available. But re–entry is permitted if you want to step outside to grab food etc.
DRESS CODE – Proper attire requested – Retro Chic, Vintage, Suits, cocktail attire, or biz casual… think Boardwalk Empire, Gatsby, Mad Men. No shorts, t-shirts, torn/tattered jeans, workout or warm-up attire, fitness/athletic shoes, and ball/casual caps.
— TICKETS —
The Festival sells out every year… advance tickets are strongly recommended! The Festival is 13hrs long and divided into two halves. You may purchase tickets for each half separately or get a day pass.
** GENERAL ADMISSION **
1st Half Only (12:00-5:30pm)
$25 – Early Bird (sold out)
$29 – Advance Tickets (now on sale!)
$35 – Full Price / Door
2nd Half Only (6:30pm-1:00am)
$35 – Early Bird (sold out)
$39 – Advance Tickets (now on sale!)
$45 – Full Price / Door
Full Day (12:00pm to 1:00am)
$55 – Early Bird (sold out)
$65 – Advance Tickets (now on sale!)
$75 – Full Price / Door
Student Tickets – at door, cash only, with valid Student ID based on capacity: $20 – 1st Half // $25 – 2nd Half // $40 Full Day
Late Night Ticket – $20 (entry after 10:30pm, cash only)
** VIP TICKETS **
$49 – 1st Half
$69 – 2nd Half
$99 – Full Day
Includes: express entry upon arrival, exclusive VIP reserved seating near Main Stage in Ballroom (all day), and Library (1st half only). Limited availability.
small print: our events go on rain or shine, and tickets are non-refundable… but you can sell/transfer them to other people.